Monday, May 18, 2009

I only thought I had found them.....

I keep looking for them. I know they are out there. I hope they are increasing with each new day and each new attack on our liberties. Whom do I seek? The disgruntled Obama supporters that have seen the light. Those that voted for "The One" only to find out he is just, "That one". I am not so naive as to think they will be heralded on MSNBC or on CNN, but a few faint cries here and there would be nice. And then Josh Gerstein's piece on Politico.com caught my eye. "Some on left souring on Obama" the caption said. My ah hah moment had arrived. There they are. Someone has found them.

Mr. Gerstein writes a nice article on our ultra-libs great disappointment of Obama's precious few, less than radical decisions. Gerstein points to "growing dissatisfaction among members of his liberal base, who feel spurned by a series of his early decisions on issues ranging from guns to torture to immigration to gay rights." And now to add to the intense frustration of the left, Obama has reversed his decision and will not release detainees photos and try suspects using military commissions.

Okay, I'm glad my liberal counterparts are angry, but I am disappointed that it is not for reasons befitting reasonable, patriotic Americans. I had hoped for an outcry of, "You can't do that to our American companies! You can't just take away money contractually owed to investors and give it to a group of people that voted for you." Or how about, "What do you mean you want to take away measures that would allow doctors to deny abortions because of their personal beliefs." And maybe throw this in for good measure, "Hate crimes? You mean you want to punish an individual on a criminal act because the government thinks he or she is motivated by hate? You really want to place punishment on Americans based on what he or she thinks? Are you kidding me?"

But alas, I have heard none of that from the Democratic base. All seems to be swell in the land of Oz. The Yellow Brick Road is full of merry little munchkins none too eager to see the man behind the curtain. Oh if I could only click my heels.....

No comments:

Post a Comment